3 years part-time
This training program in spiritual direction, based in Canberra, is designed for those:
who sense that God is calling them to the ministry of spiritual direction, and
are looking for a community in which this call can be explored, discerned and nurtured.
During the first two years, participants engage in monthly lectures, workshops, quadrads and seminars, over two semesters each year. The focus of these inputs is on spirituality and spiritual direction together with regular worship drawing on various Christian traditions. There are 8 Friday/Saturday workshops each year. The third year is an intern year which is a supervised practicum with individual supervision and monthly group meetings.
This program invites those who undertake it, both lay and ordained people, to embark on a journey that will involve personal transformation, in the process of discerning the call to this ministry and receiving training in the important work of becoming soul companions for others.
Spiritual Direction is:
- Accompanying people on their journey of life and faith
- Prayerful conversation between two people
- Listening for the flow of the Spirit
- Assisting directees to respond to God’s movement in ways that are healing, just and reconciling for all creation.
To assist you to develop the above skills the program includes the following units:
- Spiritual Direction Theory and Praxis
- Exploring Spirituality
- Art of Direction
To apply to participate in the program you need to submit:
- A Soul Companions application form 2018 together with the requested Life History.
- A brief spiritual autobiography indicating the pattern of development in your spiritual life and present sense of God.
- A brief statement indicating your reasons for undertaking the course.
- A letter of recommendation from your Spiritual Director and/or Minister/Pastor/Priest.
- A registration fee of $50 that is nonrefundable but will be deducted from the tuition fee for the commencing year.
Download the Soul Companions brochure
Download the Soul Companions participant course outline
Contact Sue Dunbar at Barnabas Ministries: phone 02 6295 6766 or email email@example.com
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For the program commencing in 2018 please submit your application by 8 December 2017.
Applications may be emailed to email@example.com
or posted to 1/81 Bimberi Cres, PALMERSTON ACT 2913